Dynamic Lights Mod
The Dynamic Lights Mod is a much welcomed mod that adds a feature into the game which players would usually expect to exist by default. Basically, the problem with Minecraft is that whenever you’re holding a glowing object, the light doesn’t really spread or go around but what this mod does is that it basically allows the light to expand and illuminate all objects near it which adds a sense of reality into the game that in all honestly should’ve existed before but thankfully the mod is here to fix that issue.
This modification makes ‘shining’ items (default: Torch, Glowstone, Glowdust, Lit Pumpkin, Redstone, Lava Bucket, powered Minecart) illuminate everything around them if.
1) the player has them equipped (in hand/armor)
2) they are dropped on the ground
3) another player has them equipped in Multiplayer
On top of that, burning Entities shine light, and Creepers about to explode light up!
You may add any Item ID you wish as shiny item, via the settings file. Also supports armor items!
Toggle button ingame:
The key is “L”. You can turn all dynamic Lights on/off with it. The button can be rebound using the ingame options.
There is no limit to the number of lights you can create, note however they are fairly FPS-costly. You can disable modules to obtain better FPS!
How to install Dynamic Lights Mod?
- Download and install Minecraft Forge API.
- Download the mod (download links are below).
- Press start and type in %appdata%.
- Find and open your .minecraft folder.
- Locate to your mods folder (if this folder does not exist you can create one).
- Copy the downloaded mod file into it.
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge profile.
This mod is compatible with Minecraft 1.10