Hardcore Darkness Mod 1.8.8, 1.8.7, 1.8 and 1.7.10
Developed by lumien231, the Hardcore Darkness Mod is a purely cosmetic mod that basically fixes the issue of Minecraft not having any truly black spots. There’s always some form of light in pretty much every area for instance even the darkest of caves but this mod makes sure that there’s absolute darkness by removing the minimum block and sky light. The mod also allows some customization options in which you can choose to either simply remove the block light or sky light instead of both at the same time.
Usage Hardcore Darkness Mod 1.8.8
After you install the mod on your client it will be in mode 0. In that mode it will remove the minimum sky & block light. In the HardcoreDarkness.cfg file you can change the mode to either 1 which will only remove the block light so that while it will be pitch black in unlit caves the surface will still be light up slightly or 2 which will remove block light and make sky light dependent on the moon phase.
Below are procedures to install mod
- Before every process you need to make sure that your minecraft in this mod version (example minecraft 1.9 and 1.9 shaders mod) ..
- You need to install Forge Mod according to the version of the mod used too!
- After installing the forge, press, type %AppData%\.Minecraft/mods if everything went correctly you will be in the mods folder of your minecraft .. if it not works, manually look inside the Roaming folder for .minecraft/mods ..
- Place the MOD file in the mods folder, without extracting .. will be a RAR or ZIP file!
- Your Mod is ready, enjoy!