Storage Drawers Mod 1.8.8, 1.8.7, 1.8 and 1.7.10
The Storage Drawers mod is a fairly unique mod that serves as an excellent storage solution since it manages to streamline the gameplay quite a bit. The mod has been designed by jaquadro and offers a lot of functionality. It does an excellent job of making inventory maintenance pretty straight forward and allows some really convenient functions like shift clicking to pick out a whole stack of items or simply clicking once to take out one item at a time. The drawers in this mod can also be upgraded to increase their storage capacity which is also a nice feature to have.
There is no traditional slotted inventory with these containers. Interaction is click-based similar to Jabba. Clicking on one of drawers on front will interact with that drawer.
- Right-Click: Insert full stack in hand into drawer (or partial stack if the drawer fills).
- Double-Right-Click: Insert all compatible stacks in inventory into drawer (or until drawer fills).
- Left-Click: Remove a single item from the drawer.
- Shift+Left-Click: Remove a full stack from the drawer.
- Shift+Right-Click with empty hand: Open a UI to see exact item counts and manage applied upgrades.
The shift-click behavior is reversed from Jabba. This is based on the theory that you normally interact with stacks in Jabba, but will want to normally interact with single items in Storage Drawers. The controls can be reversed in the mod config to match Jabba.
1.5.12 – Jul-12-15:
- Fixed item equivalency bug in compacting drawers for some item configurations.
- Added several nuggets to the ore dictionary whitelist to counteract TCon oreberries disabling those keys.
- More recipes use the ore dictionary. Thanks ganymedes01.
Below are procedures to install mod
- Search for a webpage having mod on it, locate the link for the download. Proceed to downloading by clicking on the link. You are advised to leave the description page open in case you want to refer to it. Click on the open new tab. Find your minecraft file, in case you are on Windows 7 or 8, you can easily find it in C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft; for linus users trace it in your home folder; Mac users should go ahead to Library, Application Support, minecraft. Find the folder with the recent version, get the jar file opened with the version by the assistance of WinRAR or some other program of its kind.
- Some mods cannot work without other programs. Get all these mods, proceed to open them with a zip program.
- At this point unzip the folder, continue by copying the file in the mod folder to the minecraft.jar.
As far as the steps above have been carried out you can go ahead and test your mod.
Download Storage Drawers Mod 1.8.8, 1.8.7, 1.8 and 1.7.10
The Chameleon library, listed below, is a required dependency for Storage Drawers in Minecraft 1.8+.